Sunday 3 June 2012

My Cubism painting

Hey everyone, this is my cubism painting :) i based it off of a picture of Aria (from Pretty Little Liars) and i have transformed it to look more cubist. To accomplish this i have broken down parts of her skin into shapes; like her arm, leg and top of her dress. I have also made one of her eyes resemble what it would have looked like if we were looking at her from another angle. Also, i chaned up the backround into something more cubist inspired. Anyways, hope u all like it ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love how you included the newspaper in her dress. The background looks almost like it's moving, provides that fast-paced city feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreee with Val about the background, it really adds to the impact of this piece. The surrounding areas to the figure are so well considered and crafted with care it makes all the difference. I also enjoy your palette for this piece, it creates a mood that seems fitting to the subject matter. I just wish her feet were not cut off!

    ReplyDelete